Twins Or Gopher’s Fan In Outdoor Stadium (Halloween Costume Guide)
The UofM Golden Gophers football team has been playing at their new stadium on campus, and Target Field is scheduled to open next spring for Twins baseball. Sorry HHH (Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome), but Minnesota is ready for real grass, rain, snow, misquito bites, and farmer’s tans.
If you’re not sure how to dress up like a Minnesota sports fan, do your homework. You’ll be entertained if you drive slowly past the Dome about an hour before a Vikings game or down University Avenue before the next Gophers game. On a sad note, the Twins are done for the season, so you won’t be able to see them again until next season.
- Jersey. Wearing the appropriate school or team colors is a must-have to pull off the sports fan look. Don’t get caught wearing red at a UofM football game, because you might get accused of being a Badgers fan. If you trade in the jersey for maroon and gold striped overalls and nothing underneath, this costume is also acceptable. In case you haven’t seen them yet, UofM apparel stores around campus are selling the school-colored overalls currently.
- Paint. Be the type of fan that would get Bert to take notice. Paint your face and wear a sign that reads “Circle me Bert.”
- Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize. Wearing a giant foam finger anywhere but a baseball game could get you some strange looks from gawkers. But at a Twins game, you’re the coolest guy (or gal) in your row. You’d wonder about the mental health of a man who would wear a beer dispenser on his head. But when you’re at the game, you’ll ask that guy for a pull. YOU can be THAT guy this Halloween.
Just like a player can’t perform in an empty arena (without fans), a Minnesota sports fan is not a Minnesota sports fan without an outdoor stadium. This Halloween, take the outdoor stadium with you—literally.
- Grab a large box (the type you’d receive a computer monitor in) and cut a hole in the bottom. The hole should be big enough to get over your head, and should sit comfortably around your waist.
- Next, cut the top of each side of the box to create the open stadium look. The top of the box should be completely exposed, and the sides could be trimmed into half circles (with the tallest point at each corner of the box).
- Once you’ve tried on your “stadium”, take it outside and paint it a silver or white color. After the paint dries, write the stadium name (TCF or Target) on the outside of the box.
I guarantee this costume will be a favorite among other partygoers all night. Make sure to bring your camera, and send me your best sports fan in an outdoor stadium pic.
|Top 10 (Minnesota Themed Halloween Costumes) Countdown|
|#1 Twins or Gophers Fan in Outdoor Stadium|
|#2 Brett Favre|
|#3 Brock Lesnar|
|#4 Project Runway designers from Minnesota|
|#5 Norm Coleman & Al Franken|
|#6 Northern Minnesotan (The Up Nort’ Townie)|
|#7 Norman Borlaug|
|#8 The Twin Cities Gang Task Force|
|#9 Your Favorite Coen Brothers Character|
|#10 Denny Hecker|